[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] What citizenship does Bürger imply?

Frank Schultz frankinclt at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 25 17:39:13 PDT 2016

Hello Dana,

"Bürger" is actually an old medieval term and referred to people who lived in a stronghold, a "Burg". Nowadays the term means basically being a citizen. In the context you mentioned my guess would be that it means men who lived in a town since country people would have their profession listed. I do not believe that it will help with identifying where somebody came from.
That said, I hope to see some of the other responses.

Regards,
Frank