[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] What citizenship does Bürger imply?

Dana Parker parker.dana at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 27 11:09:17 PDT 2016

Thank you both so much, Frank and Paul.   I had assumed it meant Prussian national,  because the relevant area became part of South Prussia and Posen, but then I began finding it in earlier records.

There is a strong shoemakers' guild connection to that part of my family.   So this makes good sense.

Kind regards,
Dana Parker