[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Zawada, District of Lubartow

Frank Schultz frankinclt at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 28 11:46:30 PDT 2017

Hello,

Is there anybody on this list list who also has ancestors that lived in this tiny village? If so, do you have any pictures from the time before WWII ?
My Schultz ancestors moved to Zawada from Babskie Budy some time after 1870 and the last of them might have left towards the end of WWII. I traveled to Poland and visited the village last summer. The people who live there now are very friendly but most come from other areas in Poland. I met an older Polish man and his sister, both of them were born in the 1930's in Zawada. They did not remember much about the "Germans" that once lived there. They did recall an old grave yard outside the village, a small German school that burnt down at some point and also the family name "Frank". At a, probably the only, bus stop in the village I met a lady who was probably in her mid 50's and she told me that her mother told her about neighbors who had the name "Schultz". But those neighbors don't live there anymore and the mother passed away.
I am trying to go back to Poland either this year or next and will look for the graveyard. It is probably just a field now.

Well, if anybody has any information about the village of Zawada, please let me know.

Thank you very much and have a nice weekend,
Frank Schultz