[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Where is Szczuberg?

Earl Schultz earschz63 at outlook.com
Wed Feb 1 19:55:41 PST 2017

Thanks, everyone.  It looks like I am still out of luck with anything definite.  However, some further information...all the witnesses were also from Szczuberg so they don't help with the location.

What might be significant is that the birth of the next child in 1858 was in Syberia.  I am wondering if the Pastor heard Syberia but didn't record the death soon enough and ended up writing Szczuberg when he recorded the 1857 death.  I have noticed that the dates of deaths are not consecutive for this pastor and usually varies by a couple of weeks and sometimes a month or more.  The other thing about Syberia is that usually the parish for events was Sierpc so the Pastor would not have been as familiar with this place.

Unfortunately, this is just a theory and without any proof I am reluctant to change the death location.  The other children born in this family do not have baptisms recorded in the Michalki Parish so maybe I need to check the Sierpc records to see if I can find this family.

As an aside, anyone interested in doing extractions for SGGEE?

Earl

Message: 4