[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Resettlement after WW2

Caroline Brymora carolinebrymora at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 12:42:41 PST 2017

This is an interesting question.

I do not know the answer unfortuately.

For my colonists who settled near Lodz, I did find a list with names
and occupations, 1804.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ-GPCS-49Y?mode=g&i=105&wc=9RRZ-GPN%3A362228601%2C364410401%2C364417001&cc=2115410

This was a single page within the church books for the parish on
familysearch. My belief is that in this instance several families all
from the same village in present-day Germany created the new village
together in present-day Poland.

What is of interest to me is the churches. for my village
(Hilsbach/Czarny Las), the colonists did not have their own church
(most if not all were Evangelist). For the first 15 or 20 (?) years of
the colony they had their births/deaths/marriages performed in the
nearest Roman Catholic church, until their own church was built. I'm
sure this happened all over the place.

Cheers

--
Caroline