[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] EWZ Files

Dana Parker parker.dana at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 5 06:33:55 PST 2017

The copies held by the United States government are stored in one location, College Park, Maryland (not far from Washington, D.C.).   To access these files, you need to go there or hire a genealogist/researcher to do it for you.   Then you can get copies of the files.

I believe there are copies in Germany also, but don't know how to access there.

EWZ-50 files are most often referred to.   But there can also be EWZ-56, 57, and 58 (the 58 is a Stammblätter, family tree?).  50 is the big one.   There probably will be duplicate information for members of the same family group, each with his own application, official forms, identity cards, etc. The Odessa3 index to EWZ files shows the names of the parents and grandparents of actual applicants, so not all the names you see in the index are people who were still alive at the time.

Dana Parker