[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Deaths post ww1

Dick Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Mon Jul 3 10:08:27 PDT 2017

Eric,

AGAD has death indexes up to 1939 for Rozyszcze, Wladimir-Wolynsk, and Lutzk
parishes which are all in the western (Polish) part of Volhynia - see the
inventory at http://www.agad.gov.pl/inwentarze/KsEA439x.xml   If your
ancestor lived in one of these parishes, you can request a search for his
name by e-mail  http://agad.gov.pl/?page_id=896  Gives as much details about
him as you have.  As these records are less than 100 years old, AGAD does
not make digital scans available online.

You are probably aware that Germans living in Volhynia were deported
eastward mostly to Siberia in 1915.  Many people did not survive, but some
of those who did started to return to Volhynia in 1918.  My great
grandfather's family was deported to the Omsk area but he did not survive
the ordeal.

Dick Stein