[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Update - Sad News - Howard Krushel

Victor Gess vgess at pacbell.net
Tue Jul 4 15:33:52 PDT 2017

Such a fine gentleman to have for a friend. I first met Howard in the terminal of
the Kiev airport July 11, 1996. We had communicated prior to this about the ancestral
trip he and George Maser were leading to visit Volhynia. I watched as Howard collected his luggage and noticed he had extra big boxes that required a cart to haul to the bus. I soon found out that there were gifts in those boxes to be passed out to people we would meet as we toured the villages and the archives. That was Howard, giving, suggesting and teaching. He went out of his way on a visit to Winnipeg to find and photo an entry in a church journal of my ancestor. We had discussed the possibility of that record months earlier. Never thought of it again till months later it appeared in an email from Howard. That was Howard, rest in peace my friend.

Victor
 Victor GessPO Box 1225Lafayette, CA 94549(925) 708-1902