[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Miszewko, County of Plock

Gary Warner garyw555 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 19:36:23 PDT 2017

Frank,

Before the establishment of a Lutheran church in any area, the Catholic Church would have recorded all Lutheran baptisms, marriages and deaths.  I believe the government required such recording.

I also suspect that the Catholic Church, like the Lutheran church, also had new parishes formed from the original Catholic parishes. That means that even though a current day parish is closest to the village of interest, you really need to discover the date of formation of all Catholic Churches in the area of interest to discover which was the likely church that your events were recorded in.

Gary Warner

Sent from my iPhone