[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lost Mielke family

Sue Wert rswert at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 19:19:53 PDT 2017

Great grandmother, Pauline Mielke b. 1864 and sister, Helene b. 1865 emigrated from Prussia in 1883. Settled in Pittsburgh, PA. Pauline married Max Preis and Helene married Wilhelm Dummer. The only clue I might have is that the Dummer family seemed to have been from Malchow Schlawe. Another sister might have been Auguste who married Frederick Pahlow. Pahlow family also seemed to be from Malchow Schlawe. First, where is that? I am at a total dead end with my great grandmother and would appreciate any help. As for DNA, we, my mother, grandmother and Pauline are in haplogroup K1a4a1. Thanks.