[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Starych Prusach

Earl Schultz earschz63 at outlook.com
Sun Mar 26 12:33:13 PDT 2017

Manfred's reply contains a lot of wisdom and I would agree with him that it is more likely that "starych Prussach" was meant to be "starych Prusach".  The difference of one 's' should not overly complicate things as these errors, misspellings, etc. occurred frequently enough.  So my first thought would be the village of Stary Prusy which is nearby apparently.  One could look for other entries for the family to see where they lived and look at other records to see how "old Prussia" would have been referred to, if at all.

Of course, the surname is of immense interest to me as I noted the reference to other records mentioning Brandenburg.  My Y-DNA is pointing to my Schultz line as coming from southwest of Berlin and around the Brandenburg area.  Unfortunately, if I remember correctly, Frank Schultz has also done a Y-DNA test and we are not of the same Schultz family.  I keep looking for a Schultz anywhere who is from my family but I have yet to find one.

Earl Schultz

Message: 3