[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Looking for Feliksow

Joyce Guasch jguasch at fastmail.net
Tue May 2 16:13:48 PDT 2017

Several years ago, I wrote to the Radom State Archives in Radom. (Radom,
Radom, Mazowieckie, Poland). I requested the birth document of Lidia
Julianne Welke and any other Welke documents. I received just over 70
documents.

The "top" document in this group is a marriage document of Wilhelm Welke and
Rosine Fechner, both born abt. 1835 and both in Feliksow. Their first four
children were born in Feliksow. They moved to Karolin, Zwolen, Mazowieckie,
around 1865-66 where they had five more children.  Rosine died and Wilhelm
married again to Justine Bluemke, b. abt. 1853 in Sabinow.

My question has been, which Feliksow. My guess is the most likely Feliksow
is the one near Sabinow, where several families may have moved from.

Feliksow, Tomaszow, Lodzkie, Poland

Sabinow, Tomaszow Mazowiecki, Lodzkie, Poland

The other thought:

Feliksow, Opoczno, Lodzkie, Poland

I need help in indenting which parishes to look in and/or are any of these
online? Finding a marriage or a birth would clear up the questions.

BTW, I have been to Karolin and Radom. I knew of this Welke line, first from
EWZ documents, then Lublin documents which lead me to the Karolin that was
given in the EWZ documents. (EWZ said Karolin, Kr. Chelm.)

Joyce Welke Guasch

Springfield, Oregon USA

Researching Welke, Gurke, Ratz, Ladzik, Lange, Beniamin/Bein, Ebelt, Daase

And others of East Poland