[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Andreas Adam & Legacy 9

Edie Adam edieadam at gmail.com
Fri May 19 07:10:21 PDT 2017

Hello all: I’ve installed the new version 9 of Legacy, which searches
external vendor databases to provide hints for similar people. Your
information is not shared, and if a hint takes you to My Heritage, for
example, you need to be a subscriber to view details. There was a Legacy
webinar about this function on May 18.

Anyway, the software quickly suggested a match for a family tree stored on
Family Search. Everything about the information there suggests that tree
matches mine, except that it has a child I’ve never heard of before:
Andreas Adam born 1855 in Warsaw. He does appear in at least 4 families in
the EWZ records. And I’ve found matches for him and a few of his children
in the SGGEE Volhynian records.

The person who loaded this data has no sources listed. I’ve sent a message
through Family Search and hope to hear back to compare notes. But it seems
unlikely that my great-great-grandfather (born near Warsaw) would have a
child in Volhynia in 1843, another child in Warsaw in 1855 and a third
child back in Volhynia in 1859. Does anyone have experience with whether
families would move back and forth like this?

Can anyone suggest Polish records I might search for Andreas to try to
confirm the information independently?

Thanks,

Edie Adam