[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] EWZ Files

Dana Parker parker.dana at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 4 11:35:16 PDT 2017

Odessa3.org has a collection called War Records, which includes searchable index of EWZ files.  The names include the EWZ applicants, and the names of applicants' parents and grandparents from the forms.   Birth year and birthplace are usually shown in the index.

I need to type each possible spelling (and misspelling) of family names on Odessa3, with different results for each one.  But there may be an advanced search with "wildcard" characters that I don't know about.

Most people refer to EWZ-50 files, but there are also EWZ-56 and EWZ-57 files (medical exams, evaluation of ethnic characteristics, handwritten family information), and EWZ-58 is Stammblätter (short typed document of family tree to grandparents, and photograph).

Best,

Dana Parker