[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] BYWKA

Bob Krampetz bob.krampetz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 15:59:10 PDT 2017

​
Rose & Frank,
     I've been show ancestor names that were born in Bywka,  in the early
     1700's to mid 1800's. So it may have disappeared some time ago.

     Numerous searches show "BYWKA near Torun",   But
     www.kerntopf.com/dobrin/orte/i_lipno.htm  shows the "district" to be
     Dobrzejewice.
     I searched the older maps on http://igrek.amzp.pl/mapindex.php and
     have easily found  Dobrzejewice is about 20km WSW from Torun,
     but I don't find that Bywka village on any of the four surrounding,
     very detailed, maps
       (Dobrzejwice is nearly in the corner of one sector).

     http://mapa.szukacz.pl/ Does not know of Bywka.

     This seems to be a Dobrinerland village that is well hidden.

In a message dated 09/05/17 09:00:43 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,