Zgierz Parish Pictures

The following are pictures from the Zgierz Parish. Click on the thumbnail view for an enlarged view of the picture.

Lutheran Church at Zgierz - originally built c.1824-1826. (larger image sizes for pictures to the left are not available)

The building was heavily damaged through bombing in 1939 and torn down. The congregation still exists and worships today in a relatively new building.

Grave marker of Pastor Ernst Wilhelm Bursche, b.9 May 1831, d.6 Apr 1904, second pastor of the Zgierz parish.
- courtesy Paul Rakow
Architectural drawing of original Zgierz Lutheran Church.
- courtesy Paul Rakow
New Lutheran Church at Zgierz.
- courtesy Paul Rakow



back to top