[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] PAF vers FTM

William Fife wmfife at telus.net
Wed Nov 7 11:14:19 PST 2001

Andre,

I have not used PAF but have tried a couple of other genealogy programs and use FTM as my main one.  Some of the others are
very good and have features that FTM does not have.  I found Legacy to be good and was thinking of switching to it.  The main
reason I still use FTM is it's ability to print a great selection of charts, which I find lacking in some of the other
programs.  With FTM I have printed out a chart of one of my familys, in full colour, different colours for different
generations, different colours for births, deaths, marriages etc. which makes the chart easy to read, and the chart is over 30
feet long.

I guess your choice depends on what features you use most and which program does the best job of that.

Bill Fife
Victoria BC, Canada