[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Wolf& Schlag or Schlack families

Jerry Frank jkfrank at home.com
Thu Nov 15 14:13:38 PST 2001

Just to clarify, Zhitomir was never part of Prussia.  It was in Volhynia,
Russia, now Ukraine.  I cannot find the place names you list in modern
Germany so I suspect they may have been in East or West Prussia.  Many
Germans migrated to those German provinces from Volhynia during and after WW I.

Since these people or descendants may still be in Germany, you might want
to try also posting this message on the bulletin board at
http://www.wolhynien.de      That website is in Germany and probably is
seen by more German residents.

You could also try writing to some of the families with those surnames in
Germany.  You can get addresses from the online telephone book which only
lists 5 Geswein and 40 Rahtz in all of Germany.   The address
is:  http://www.teleauskunft.de/  and click the link in the upper left
corner for the English version.