[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Warsaw archives/Volhynian church register books

Howard Krushel krushelh at cadvision.com
Mon Nov 26 21:24:12 PST 2001

Richard:
The priciples espoused by Anna Laszuk that records are to go back to the
area in which they were produced has been in operation for some time; back
in 1997 Germany and Poland were exchanging various records; Anna Laszuk
might be new; Dr. Andrzej Biernat was the fellow heading up this department
in the past.
At times when requesting records confusion might occur in regard to the
identity of a specific village; the Archives would use the 1934 Gazetteer by
Tadeusz Bystrzcki to accurately establish the powiat and gmina to which a
volhyian village belonged; and so using this same gazetteer would help in
avoiding confusion for the Archives.
The record books would usually not be moved over from the Zabuzanski Archive
into the Warsaw Archive until the records for the entire book pass the 100
year mark i.e. the entire book would have to have records older than 1901
for it to be trasferred  into the other Archive.
Perhaps a second letter outlining what you have received in the past might
help in bringing a positive response to your request.
Howard Krushel
krushelh at cadvision.com