[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Ger-Poland-Volhynia digest, Vol 1 #46 - 3 msgs

Burnstwo at aol.com Burnstwo at aol.com
Wed Nov 28 17:14:50 PST 2001

In a message dated 11/28/2001 3:03:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ger-poland-volhynia-request at eclipse.sggee.org writes:

>  People and places which I am searching:
> >
> >   Tepper(Teper,Tepfer)in Feliksow, Turek, Pudlow
> >   Kujat  in Dombrofka, Turek, Josefow
> >   Kryger (Kruger) in ?
> >   Czernig (Sharnik) in ?, Turek
> >   Hering      in ?
> >   Radtke
> >   Schaedler (Schadler)
> >   Hass   in Kowalwewko
> >   Wendt in ?

My family was from Kowalowka (New East Prussia) prior to migrating to
Volhynia in around 1870 - 1875.  Is this the Kowlowka you are referring to?
It is northeast of Warsaw around the main town of Paproc Duza (also known as
Konigshuld).

Many of the names on the list are present in this area. If  you can give me a
few dates, I can check the records for the names above.  I also have an
interesting history of the settlements there from the Wandering Volhynians
newsletter.  Let me know if this is of interest.

Carol Gottschalk Burns
burnstwo at aol.com

Villages in New East Prussia:  Konigshuld/Paproc Duza, Wilhelmsdorf/Krole,
Mecklenberg/Kowalowka, Zaszkow, Paproc Mala, Silberwald.

Surnames:  Gottschalk, Em(m)er(t), Andert, Druger, Poltzien, Schroeder,
Bartel, Christmann, Shulz, Breymann, Fehlberg, Schmidt, Kip, Trottnow, Hahn,
Mittelstaedt, Muller, Redevich, Spitz, Wildemann, Kruger, Wolfert, Klass,
Bader, Kormann, Hartmann, Feuerbach, Schauerbaum, Falk, Sell, Roehl

Villages in Volhynia (from approx. 1876):  Beresowo Hath, Sokolov, Novin,
Heimthal, Sergiewka, areas around Kreis Pulin, near Zhitomir.   Surnames from
this area:  Gottschalk, Andert, Emmer, Dreger, Gertz, Kelm, Krenz, Bethke,
Ott, Kritschun, Pawelcik, Rinas; looking for others.   >>