[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Migration Dates

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 4 08:03:57 PST 2002

At 10:39 PM 03/02/2002 -0700, George Whitehead wrote:
>Hello Listers,
>
>Can anyone please give me an idea when the migration of the Germans from the
>Gabin, Gostynin, Warszawa areas in Poland to Volhynia commenced?  Was it after
>1865?   I am trying to determine when  Samuel and Ewa Polnau started their
>travels to Rshadkowka.

According to Auswanderung deutscher Bauern des Gostyniner Landes nach
Wolhynien by Albert Breyer, the migration took place between 1855 and
1885.  The peak period appears to be 1862-1874 for which he shows the
German population of the Gabin parish dropping from 700 families to 551 or
3318 souls to 2773.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca