[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Village Name

Richard Benert benovich at montanadsl.net
Fri Feb 15 08:15:18 PST 2002

Adelheid,

On a Polish Geographical Institute map of Volhynia of 1931 (sent to me by
Herb Poppke), I find no less than three Bolarkas, I'm sorry to say.  Two of
them are about 10 km directly north of Pulin (the largest town in the
vicinity), and directly east of Heimthal.  They are Sosnowa-Bolarka and
Radziecka-Bolarka.  Then if you go about 20 km in a west-northwest direction
from these two villages, you'll find Bobrycka-Bolarka.  On Stumpp's map of
the region (a map you can get from AHSGR and other sources), it appears that
Sosnowa-Bolarka is called simply, "Bolarka".    Your other village,
Podwysoka, I am not able, with my limited resources, to find.

Dick Benert