[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Searching for Palnaus

AlbertMuth at aol.com AlbertMuth at aol.com
Mon Jan 7 03:10:57 PST 2002

Church records alone, and the St. Petersburg records are no exception, do not
usually indicate where people lived prior to showing up in the current
location.  Or at least, not in the most useful or convenient place.

Your mention of 1872 and surname listing in your signature had me checking
St. Pete, so I assume you must descend from Samuel Polnau and Elisabeth
Klemp, both born in Borki , about 1840 and 1842 respectively, who married in
Gabin, Gostynin, Warszawa, Poland on 29 Aug 1865 (FHL #0729299, 1865 #38).
Samuel was son of Samuel and Eva (Zittlau) Polnau; Elisabeth's parents were
Michael and Marianne (Pretzlaw) Klemp.

Get back to me privately.  If you know of children born prior to 1872, I may
be able to find birth records in Gabin (pronounced "Gombin").

al muth