[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Searching for Palnaus

John Marsch jmarsch at t2.net
Mon Jan 7 13:58:43 PST 2002

George:
    In my estimation the best source for pre-Volhynian research information
is the Members Only pages of the SGGEE web site at www.sggee.org .  SGGEE is
focused primarily on Polish and Volhynian areas of German research.  There
is a fee attached to becoming an SGGEE member which is used to cover the web
site cost, newsletter publishing and modest administration costs but the
largest annual expenditures have been made in the area of record gathering.
    The records SGGEE has gathered consist largely of Polish Lutheran events
but not entirely, however those that have been made available on the web
site to date, have helped innumerable researchers in going a generation or
two back with their research.
    There are various books and articles available which deal with the
German Polish/Volhynian connection but sadly for most North Americans, the
greatest majority of them are in German print.
If you can read German, Alfred Camman's two volumes of "Heimat Wolhynien"
ISBN 3-7708-0815-0 (Vol 1) and 3-7708-0898-3 (Vol 2) will give you
considerable insight regarding our ancestors Volhynian life.
    A quick review of the SGGEE databases for the names at the bottom of
your email indicates a number of Holz names, no Palnau and a few possible
spelling variations of the Klemp.

John Marsch
SGGEE Membership Committee