[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Stawiszyn - parish records

Hans-Udo Strobel udostrobel at surfeu.de
Tue Jan 8 04:56:45 PST 2002

Dear listers,

I am trying to find the origin of my Zache family. They shall have been
Huguenots, but so far I could not find any proof. I was told that they lived
in Bad Bentheim (Germany) near the Dutch border and came to Poland in the
beginning of the 18. century, where they spelled their name Zachaee, Zachey,
Zachej, Zachai, Zachaj etc. Unfortunatelly the LDS films of Stawiszyn, where
my ancestors went to church, start with 1809.
According to the book of Pastor Eduard Kneifel "Die ev. augsburgischen
Gemeinden der Kalischer Dioezese" from 1937 the first  Pastor of Stawiszyn,
Karl Franz Hoenicka, has written the parish record of the church in
Stawiszyn, which started with November 12. 1780. This record was preserverd
in the parish archive of Wl/adysl/awow. Does anyone know, if this record
still exists or if it has been destroyed during or after WWII? Where do I
have to go, to get more informations about it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards from Germany,

Edelgard (Strobel)
udostrobel at surfeu.de

Researching: Zache, Bittner, Brandt,  Buettner, Busse, Falkenhagen, Fennig,
Habermann, Hennig,  Jenske, Koenig, Schaetz,  Scheibel, Scheibler, Zachau,
Zarse and related families from the Kalisz- and Konin area.