[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Records in Siberia

Ursula Bachman ursula.bachman at ei.educ.ab.ca
Wed Jan 23 12:57:51 PST 2002

My great Grandfather Michael HAUPT was born in Prussia but died in 1946 in
Siberia. I am trying to figure out where I would ask for his death
certificate. We have tried every which way to contact my great Aunt who
was exiled there with him but to date have not been able to reach her so
I'm trying to find the death certificate myself. I don't know exactly
where in Siberia he died but I do have an address from my Aunt which might
give us the approximate area.  I have her address but it's in Russian.
Trying to decipher the address - I think it is: Borozogekau or Borozogckau
in Poccue??

Anyone who is able to decipher Russian might be able to help me. If you
can my email is: ursula.bachman at ei.educ.ab.ca

Also does anyone know if records of German citizens who died in Russia in
1946 would have been recorded with the German Archives? OR anywhere else
for that matter.

Thank you