[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Records in Siberia

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Thu Jan 24 15:29:52 PST 2002

Ursula,

The place names you are trying to decipher are in Russian, so the letters
you are reading are from a different alphabet.  I have tried to
transliterate them as noted below, based on my deciphering of the jpg file
that you sent earlier to Rose Ingram.

.  I do not know where these places are, except the Region appears to be
about 1100 miles northeast of Moscow (per the Shtetl Seeker).

Name of person:  Petyteva Mejta

Village:  Khvostovo

Post Office:  Jurka or Yurka

District:  Vorzegodskiy or Vozhegodskiy or Voshegodskiy

Region:  Vologodskiy

Country:  Russia

Gary Warner