[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Zagorow area records

AlbertMuth at aol.com AlbertMuth at aol.com
Mon Nov 11 16:27:16 PST 2002

Has anyone with roots in the area covered by the Zagorow Lutheran
church (extreme Western border of Russian Poland) ever looked at
the Civil Registration records 1843-1940?? LDS filmed these records
at Berlin-Dahlem, making me think that they may be another copy
(MORE COMPLETE! NO GAPS!) of the Lutheran records. The latter
were filmed at the archives in Poznan.

The fact that these records were schlepped off to Germany makes me
think that they could be of interest. I plan on ordering a marriage film
covering the crucial five year gap (early 1860s) and see whether my
hunch comes true.

Al Muth