[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Polish Translation

Grazyna grazyna at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 4 15:45:13 PDT 2002

Hi Elaine,

The following is an approximate translation of the letter you received - I am sending to the list in the event that someone else is also looking for information on these parishes:

The place Gawrony belonged to the Ewangelical parish in Sompolnie.  In 1945, during the war, the parish archives were destroyed.  Documents to 100 years can be found in the Civil Archives in Sompolnie, and those over 100 years in the National Archive in Poznan - address: Archiwum Panstwowe, ul. 23 Lutego 41 / 43; 60-967 Poznan.  Records from the 18th and 19th century may be written in the catholic parish in Skulsk - address: Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka, ul. Koscielna 24; 62-560 Skulsk.  You can also try looking for records in archives held by the mormons or "memmonitow" (?) in the USA, probably in "Sant Luck" (?)  I apologize for replying in Polish, but I do not know english, and in Poland we still speak polish.  From the content of your letter, I guessed what you were looking for.  In Konin there lived a Zacharias family who emigrated to the USA.  Not too long ago, a Mr. Zacharias from Konin died there.

Wishing you God's love,
Pastor Andrzej Mendrok

I would guess that "the mormons" refers to LDS.  Hope that helps,

Grazyna