[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Neustadt

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 14 08:26:56 PDT 2002

I am not speaking with 100% certainty since I have not done research in the
area.  However, it seems that for this microfilm, Neustadt = Kurdirkos
Naumiestis, a town on the border of Russia (that little part separate from
the the rest of the main country of Russia, on the Baltic Sea).

It is located just where the Sesupe River becomes the border with Russia,
about 66 km WSW of Kaunas or 39 km NW of Marijampole.  Wladyslawow was very
near by.

At 04:36 PM 12/09/2002 -0400, Harry Jansohn wrote:
>Could someone help identify the area named in thr SGGEE Vladislavov
>FHL Lutheran Microfilm index.  The area is listed as Vladislavov/
>Kurdirkos Naumiestis/Neustadt.  I am trying to find a Neustadt that
>I have seen in some family records for the Delgau/Dalchau,Dalgau
>family.  I realize that there are a number of Neustadts, so am
>curious to locate the one listed above. I know there is one N of
>Kaunas in Lithuania, and several in Germany.  Thanks for any help.
>Janice Jansohn

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca