[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Dubno area information

Cubcruiser at aol.com Cubcruiser at aol.com
Sun Apr 6 05:45:33 PDT 2003

I am researching my grandparents origins.  I believe they came from the
Dubno, Ukraine area, based on information I've found.  I would like to find
out if anyone knows of a good source of information on this specific area
(online or publications).  I'm also trying to identify the town from which
they came from.  From their 1912 ship manifest records, it appears to be
something like " Selenaja , Wolhyn, Russia ."  I tied this to the Dubno area
based on my grandfathers naturalization paperwork (late 1930s - early 1940s),
which listed his hometown as Dubne, Poland.  (there is a Dubne, Poland today,
but Dubno, Ukraine seemed to be the more likely candidate - geography,
agriculture, history, etc.).  He was German, a Lutheran and a farmer, and
served in the Russian military just prior to departing for the U.S.