[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re (Ger-poland-volhynia) Canadian Records

JSchu9014 at aol.com JSchu9014 at aol.com
Tue Apr 8 18:08:25 PDT 2003

Rose,

Thank you for your response.  I was confused about the British Columbia thing
so I checked again in my records.  Apparently Bernard lived in British
Columbia and Bernard's wife Emma died in 1966 in British Columbia.  Bernard
then returned to Edmonton which is where he died March 22, 1977.  They were
then both buried in the Beechmount Cemetery in Edmonton.  I was able to
obtain copies of both of their obituaries that appeared in the Edmonton
Journal.  I located his granddaughters thanks to another Haupt researcher,
but they said they did not know anything about their grandfather Bernard and
his history.

Although I know the names of his parents, Christian Haupt and Wilhelmine
Mincho, that is all I know.  Did Canada require the German-Russian immigrants
to register with any type of government office?  Perhaps back in 1912 - 1914
they had the option of registering or not unlike today's requirements.

Janice