[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re (Ger-poland-volhynia) Canadian Records

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 8 15:50:46 PDT 2003

Janice,

Unless someone knows something different I don't think Bernard had to
complete any papers to become a citizen of British Columbia - just Canadian
Citizenship papers.   My maternal grandparents never filed for Canadian
citizenship up to the time of their deaths, 1971 and 1984.   I believe they
just had Landed Immigrant status, but I could be wrong because I didn't pay
too much attention to these matters 30 years ago.

I checked the on-line Vital Events Indexes looking for death record of
Bernard in British Columbia at
http://www.bcarchives.gov.bc.ca/textual/governmt/vstats/v_events.htm#indexe
but could not find him.  If I had found him I would have offered to get a
copy for you from the local Archives were I live, perhaps providing the
names of his parents and possiblity detailed information on birth place.
The Death indexes presently only go up to 1982.   Could he have died
elsewhere in Canada.

Rose Ingram

From: Janice Schultz
> Hello All,
> Does anyone know if immigrants entering Canada around 1912 had to
complete
> any papers regarding their background, family, etc?  My grandfather,
Edward