[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Immigrant from Volhynia to the US (1892)

Richard A. Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Tue Dec 9 15:22:36 PST 2003

Hi Don,

Rev. Friedrich Mueller brought several groups of Baptist Germans from the
Tutschin area of Volhynia to settle in the Leduc area in Alberta, south of
Edmonton.  According to the Rural Leduc history book, Gottlieb and Julia
(Nachtigal) Benke came to Leduc in the fall of 1892.  Other than the name of
his wife, this information about Gottlieb Benke coming to Leduc fits with
the information about your Gottlieb Benke.

Regarding your Gottlieb Benke, his birth is listed in the SGGEE Pedigree
database.  His parents, siblings, etc. also show up there.  They appear to
have migrated to Volhynia in the mid 1860s.

I hope this helps, but I am sorry I can't help you with the Friedrich
Mueller reference.

Dick Stein