[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Migration route Poland to Volhynia

Edelgard Strobel udostrobel at surfeu.de
Tue Feb 18 03:29:14 PST 2003

Hi Dick, Ed and Sandra,

Excuse my bad translation. I couldn't find the word for "Planwagen" in my
dictionary. I meant wagons that were covered with canvas against the
weather.

The names of the people on this trek in 1875 to Neu-Dorosin were:
Christian Janot and Gottfried Schulz from Alt-Borowiec
Ernst Zache, Gottlieb Zache and Georg Reinholz from Piskory, Stawiszyn
Peter Fendrich, August Deckert, August Polinski, Gottfried Hein, Samuel
M|ller and Jacob Schulz from the Plock area.
(from an article about Neu-Dorosin written by Kantor A. Depner according to
oral delivery)

I suppose the same as Dick, that the people joined to other groups on their
way to Volhynia to help each other.

For those who are trying to find persons in Volhynia:
try the following websites:
http://pixel.cs.vt.edu/re-cgi-bin/qsearch
Search String: name you are searching for
Data Category: St. Petersburg archives
the other is
http://pixel.cs.vt.edu/library/stpete/volhynia/

Good luck!