[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Sadombrowa

Irene Kopetzke kopetzke at uni.de
Thu Feb 20 07:02:47 PST 2003

Hugo Benne <hbenne at freeler.nl> wrote:

> I'm afraid this village starts to confuse me more
> and more. First Jerry gave me the coC6rdinates of a village
> called Sadombrowa (he suggested spelling variants Sadombrow /
> Zadabrowa / Zadombrowa) which is near to Olszanow (located on
> 25 degrees N/S, between 50 and 51 degrees E/W).

Hugo,
I would like to confirm that Sadombrowa was located about 1.5 km
west of OlszanC3w and in the immediate vicinity of Dombrowa (south
of it). On the "Karte des westlichen Russlands" (Map of western
Russia) it is spelled Zadombrowa. In about 1915, Zadombrowa had 8
households / farms.

The # 6 of "Wolhynische Hefte" (publication of the German
Historischer Verein Wolhynien) has a small (hand made) map of the
area and a list of settlers as of 1939. Names listed for
Zadombrowa are:

Gohl, Wilhelm
Grams, Gustav
Grams, Ludwig
Hitz, Gottlieb
Krause, Emil
Mueller, Albert
Obermann, Rudolf
Radies, Reinhold
Schadek, August

There are no GRAMS listed for Dombrowa and Olschanow.

Irene Kopetzke
kopetzke at uni.de