[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re:Lippert name

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Wed Jan 1 13:01:01 PST 2003

Karla K Walters schrieb:

>The last part of the name, -pert may have been a German version of the
>name but may have been "Lippitz" or some other more Russian-sounding name
>in Volyhia.  I discovered that my grandfather, who emigrated from
>Volhynia, was named "Krampert" but that in the St. Petersberg records (as
>well as on the passenger list) his name was given the Russian ending, as
>"Krampitz."

Karla,
I don't think so since the names LIPPERT, LIPPELT and LIPPEL are
variants of the very old Bavarian name LUITPOLD [LEOPOLD]. --> Margrave
LUITPOLD of Bavaria, * 860, + 907.

In the IGI you may find LIPPERT since 1650 in Western Bohemia (Egerland)
and Upper Rhine, LIPPELT and LIPPEL since 1584 in the Zwickau Region,
Saxony.

A happy New Year,
Guenther
of Hilden, Germany