[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Pallas Surname

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 2 06:57:22 PST 2003

First we need to narrow down the region.  Was it Volhynia, Russian Poland,
Belarus or ???

Next, what is the religion - Lutheran, Moravian Brethern, Baptist, Catholic
or ???

This surname does not appear in Lutheran records for Volhynia.  However, it
is in the SGGEE databases for the region around Wloclawek in Russian Poland.

At 06:32 PM 01/01/2003 -0500, MomDotts at aol.com wrote:
>I've been searching the Pallas surname for quite sometime with not much
>luck.  Grandfather possibly born in Malidow, Russia, but lived in
>Franciszkowka when emigrating to US.  He left behind his father, Carl and
>wife Matilda.  He was born in 1888.  Can anyone advise as to where I would
>be able to get birth records, etc.  Any assistance would be appreciated.
>Barbara

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca