[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] ROLL CALL: Dill, Fritz, Miller, Baeher

Ednadill at aol.com Ednadill at aol.com
Sat Jan 4 19:06:12 PST 2003

From: Ednadill at aol.com
Full-name: Ednadill
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 21:52:53 EST
Subject: Re: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] ROLL CALL: Dill, Fritz, Miller,
  Baeher
To: lmpauling at utech.net

Hello Linda,
I'll "try" to fill in some of what I have in more detail.
    Emil Dill was born in Teodorowo in,1889, came to the US in 1913 and
joined his brother Johann Dill in New Britain, CT.
    Michael Dill was found on Emil's manifest, as of 1913 he resided in
Teodorowo.  The names Michael Dill and Maryana Miller were taken from Emil's
marriage certificate and were listed as his parents.
    A Johann Dill born in Rumunkie/Teodorowo in 1885,came to the US in 1903
and relocated in New Britain, CT.  This "known" person was Emil's brother.
    I also found a Gustaw Dill-(at ellis island) who was from Teodorowo, came
to the US in 1910, listed his father as a Michael Dill from Teodorowo.  He
was headed for Reading, PA.
    I also found an Emilie Dill from Teodorowo born in 1893, came to the US
in 1910 and was headed for Brooklyn, NY.  She is a "known" cousin to Emil.
Her father's name was Jacob Dill from Teodorowo.  Her married name is Leide.
I am still in the process of getting more info on her from her daughter.
There is at least one brother and sister that never came over.
    Olga Fritz was born in Wojciechowo in 1898, came to the US in 1914 and
joined her uncle John Miller in Middletown, CT.
    Now, in 1917, Emil married Olga and they lived with Emil's brother
Johann-(during the 1920 census).  They then bought 170 acres in East Hampton,
CT in 1927.  They had 8 children, all of whom resided in CT.
    Olga's father was Kristar Fritz from Wojciechowo, her mother was Juliana
Baeher-(taken from Olga's marriage certificate).
    I have found a Hulda Fritz from Laszewo born in 1892, came to the US in
1910 to join an uncle Johann Miller in Middletown, CT.  She listed a Cristar
Fritz as her father from Laszewo. I believe this person to be Olga's
sister,(Hilda).
    Olga had two other sisters: Wanda Fritz and Welda Fritz.
    The Sierpc records would make sense, at least from the maps I have looked
at.  Sierpc seems the "closest" to Wojciechowo and Laszewo.
    The Lipno records that I ordered are #0714861 and #0714862.  For Michael
Dill and Maryana Miller birth.  The Plock film #1733677 is for Emil, Johann
and Gustaw birth.
    You mentioned that you found a "Dyll" and not a "Dill", do you think this
name change took place?  I have not asked anyone their opinion on when name
changes normally took place,i.e.-at immigration, at naturalization, or at a
certain time or event.  I want to be very cautious of spelling when I do view
the films.  Every spelling I have thusfar is "Dill".
    Thanks so much for the info.  Hope to hear from you soon.
Erik Dill