(Fwd) Re: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] EWZ Films

roblv at rogers.com roblv at rogers.com
Mon Jan 6 20:49:04 PST 2003

Hi Dwayne,

I happened to find my notes and I think we are in luck, although I
have only used the E/G Kartei films. I happen to have a copy of my
Dad's file. My notes do state that it is difficult to find these records

online. So I have used an example to get us to the right area
quickest. Unfortunately, I don't know any German so I can't read if
these records are exactly right. One is E/G Kartei and the other is
Stamblatter, if my notes are correct. I believe the Stamblatter films
are what you are looking for. The film's text notes will direct you
how to determine which film you want.

I think you want LDS film number 1797302. But please verify this
with someone more experienced. I payed $5.50 Canadian for a
short term loan of the film and $0.20 per copy.

Here are some of the film numbers.
E/G Kartei   -> LDS #1799322 to 2098683
Stamblatter  -> LDS #1796579 to 1797321
                       and 1364501 to 1364568

Here are the steps I took to look at the film's catalogue:
1) www.familysearch.org
2) select "Library"
3) select "Family History Library Catalogue"
4) select "film/fiche search"
5) enter "1798390" (without the quotes)
    read the notes here to determine where your name would be
    located. They used "Adrre Bbuch" phonetic filling".
6) select film notes
7) search around until you find the right film number (653 total)

Use a similar process for the stamblatter films.
   Try #1796579 for a start. (743 films in total)

Good luck. Let me know if you get anywhere as one day I'd like to
get a better copy of my dad's and see if there is any other family
there.

Rob.

P.S. Rose says there is an easier way through SGGEE, if you are  a
member. I accidentally sent her this.

> On 2 Jan 2003, at 20:38, Rose Ingram wrote:
>
> > Rob:
> >
> > I may be wrong, but as far as I know and according to the LDS
Catalog
> > on-line the EWZ 50 to 53 series plus three others are not yet
microfilmed by
> > the LDS.  (I would like to get my hands on the EWZ52 series.)  Only
the
> > Basic Card index- EGKartei and the Stammblatter are filmed.
> >
> > Rose Ingram
> >
> > From: <roblv at rogers.com>
> > > Hi Dwayne,
> > >
> > > These films are available through LDS. I would also check the
> > > index file as it contains a fair bit of family information.
> > >
> > > There are cross indexes to determine which LDS film you need.
> > >
> > > Rob

> > either
> > willing to
Artur