[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Volhynian village - Slabutkaj ?

Dale Mattis dmattis at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 13 16:18:50 PST 2003

>From the St. Petersburg extractions, I have 5 of the descendants of
AUGUST ARNDT and HENRIETTE PAHL - GOTTFRIED ARNDT born 12 March 1872 in
Slabutkaj, EMILIE ARNDT born 12 March 1870, FERDINAND ARNDT born 3
August 1876, GUSTAV ARNDT born 10 August 1878, and ROSINE ARNDT born 31
May 1880, all in Wolwachowka.

>From Jerry Frank's Volhynia map, I believe Wolwachowka is between
Novograd-Volynsk and Zhitomir (a surprise to me - I would have thought
the family lived west of Novograd Volnsk, just across the border into
Polish Volhynia).

Can someone help me with Slabutkaj?  It should be near Wolwachowka,
because the child born there was a "middle" child.  Alternatively, if
anyone has the ancestry of AUGUST ARNDT/HENRIETTE PAHL for, oh, a couple
centuries, please send it along to me.  :-)

Thanks.  Dale Mattis