[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Rawa records

bfand bfand at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jan 18 04:35:38 PST 2003

HelpMany years ago I had heard a rumour that someone said
that the Rawa records were buried under either the school or
the church steps at the last minute before the Germans in this area
departed. I have no idea if there's any truth in this however.
These records being missing leaves a huge gap as records were being
taken there from what appears to be a pretty large area.
I believe that records from as far north as Zyrardow and maybe even further
north of that were being taken to Rawa during various times as many places
had no Lutheran church.
A relative that had still lived in Poland between the wars travelled to Rawa
get info from the records prior to WW2. This was for an ancestor from
Zyrardow
and the record was for 1834.

Bob