[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] TESKE in Volhynia

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Mon Jan 20 08:42:17 PST 2003

Joan:
    What is the name of the parish in which this event appears?
SGGEE is considering doing a review of the extracted records of the three early Volhynian parishes. i.e. Zhitomir, Heimthal and Roszycze for errors or omissions.  This event does not appear in either of the three parishes, so I am wondering whether it is an omission in the already extracted St Pete records appearing on the SGGEE web site and the pixel site, or whether it is to be found in another parish not yet extracted.

John Marsch
SGGEE

  I am researching my TESKE family and hope to have my info ready for our
  province's 100th birthday.  Right now I am trying to chart their migration
  throughout the Posen area and Volhynia.  Some time ago Jerry Frank helped
  my to identify some of the places and so I am now looking at films.  I am
  in need of some help here.  While viewing film #1895627 of the St.
  Petersburg records I found a son of my Gustav Teske.  In the first column
  (tag and Stunde des Gerburt) I see his birth date and right under it is "6
  yr".  What does this -6 yr- mean?  It seems that the individuals on this
  page ( and they all have different years listed here) might not have been
  registered at their time of birth but some time later.  However, I am not
  sure. It lists his birth date as Oct.8, 187?.  This looks like a 1 but
  could be a lazy 8.  His baptism is listed as Oct 22, 1878.  What
  suggestions can you give me?

  Also on the same page there is a central long column which I think states
  the place of baptism or would it be the place this info was recorded? The
  copy is not very clear.  Can any one verify this for me as this is an
  important point for me if I want to place them at this particular time.  It
  happens to refer to everyone on this page.

  Thank you for your help.  Joan.