Fwd: FW: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Ellis Island question

TRecks1999 at aol.com TRecks1999 at aol.com
Tue Jul 1 06:36:01 PDT 2003

Hello All,

I too am confused about this issue.  I have letters from grampa and military records too that confirm the family left by the train from Nov. Voly. and took the train south to "Alexandria/Alexandrov/Alexandorf (the last three letters are hard to make out do to the handwriting) They borded a ship and arrived in the US in 1903.  Grandma was pregnant with dad at the time, their exit visas are stamped 1903 and dad was born in Oklahoma in May of 1903.  I cannot find any ships or records that would varify this timeline of travel.  Any ideas would be great.  Thanks to all, who are of so much help

Tim Recks

---
Friedrich Reck.

  In the Ukraine and Poland Frederick and Eva lived in Romanowka (where Anna Juliana was born), Boratin-Romantow, Rozhishche (where Frederick was born) as well as others as they made their way out of Poland to the Ukraine.

  Friedrich married Eva Felske.

Friedrich Reck and Eva Felske had the following children:

  1. Frederick Reck was born March 10, 1871 in Rozhishche, Volhynia, Ukraine. He died August 20, 1918 in Perry, Oklahoma.

  2. Anna Juliana Reck was born July 10, 1873 in Romanowka, Poland. She died Jan. 14, 1874 in Boratin, Poland.

  3. Emilie Reck was born March 11, 1875 in Boratin-Romanow.

  4. Wilhelm (William) Recks was born May 8, 1882 in Dabrowka, Poland. He died May 31,1961 in Los Angeles, California.

  5. Helen Reck was born Aug. 31, 1879 in Romanow, Poland.

The records show Eva's name spelled in Polish unlike in the other records.  "Ewa Felski".  The records also state that they are Russian subjects or citizens.

  6. Pauline Reck was born Aug. 12, 1877 in Romanow, Poland.

The birth record was translated to have Pauline's surname "REK".  The only other place the name has been found translated like this is some of Frederick's military records.

  7. Caroline Reck was born 1863 in Pilowka, Poland. She died Jan. 14, 1874 in Boratin, Poland.

  8. Johann Eduard Reck was born 1870 in Pilowka, Poland. He died Jan. 1, 1874 in Boratin, Poland.

Frederick Reck (parents Friedrich Reck and Eva Felske) was born March 10, 1871 in Rozhishche, Volhynia, Ukraine. He died August 20, 1918 in Perry, Oklahoma.

  Frederick married Julianna Kehle. Julianna (parents Andreas Kehle and Elizabeth Steier) was born September 16, 1877. She died August 13, 1921 in Perry, Oklahoma.

Frederick Reck and Julianna Kehle had the following children:

  1. Ewald "Ewalt" Reinhardt Recks was born 31 May 1903 in Perry, Oklahoma. He died 28 May 1992 in Paige, Texas.

  2. Albert Frederick Recks was born October 4, 1905 in Oklahoma. He died August 6, 1990 in SunCity, Maricopa, AZ.

  3. Hertha Recks was born May 30, 1999 in Volhynia. She died Dec. 1981 in Washington, USA.

  4. Hilda Alma Recks was born April 23, 1913 in Oklahoma. She died October 1980 in Washington.

  5. Ester Helen Recks was born July 3, 1916 or 1918. She died Nov. 11, 1993 in Tacoma, Washington.

  6. Edmond Recks.

  7. Elsa Reck "Recks".

  8. Martha Recks died in Tacoma, Washington, USA.