[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Jewish underground

GVLESS at aol.com GVLESS at aol.com
Wed Jul 2 11:05:02 PDT 2003

Thank you Gunter for clarifying this question of a Jewish Underground.  I
have no doubt in my mind that many Volhynian Germans knew and had Jewish friends
while living there.  I have heard (from some source now forgotten) that there
was a very large Jewish market on the outskirts of Novograd Volhynsk.  And
because of some family stories of my husband's earlier life over there I am sure
he and his older brother knew Jewish people.  If anyone knows of this "market"
I would also like to have some verification of it as well.  I think its great
that our ancestors had the desire to know people from various walks of life.
Again, thanks for all who have shared what they know.  This helps to put some
more detail to one's own family stories.
Sincerely,
Virginia Less