[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Former East German Immigration

Marlis Nebel erdeterre at yahoo.ca
Wed Jul 9 14:19:41 PDT 2003

Hello,

I have had a number of relatives including my parents
who left Poland for Germany "illegally."  In Berlin
and Pirna they were registered as "Vertriebne" or
"refugees."  This all occurred before 1947.
I was told that Germans who left later (in the early
1950s), got special permission from the Communists to
settle in the "new" communist East Germany.  My
question:
Did they fill out any type of documentation such an
immigration form or relocation form?  Would this be
stored in any of the German of Russian archives or be
still under the control of a Government Ministry?
Does anyone have the address?
Which government ministry processes citizenship and
refugee claims today?

Names that I am researching:  Krueger (Kruger),
Kriese, Strzembski, Leder, Lessing, Schultz, Schmidt,
Filipp, Nebel, and Mueller.

Thank-you,
Marlis Nebel
Toronto, Ontario