[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: ARYSTYNY

judikat judikat at teleport.com
Fri Jul 11 16:53:26 PDT 2003

Hello, All,

Thank you for your input about "arystyny."  The comments have given me much
food for thought [and consideration].

Though I have studied Spanish, French, Portuguese, and German, the closest
I've come to the non-Indo-European language structure is through Esperanto.

I have not seen any original document with "arystyny" in it nor have I ever
run across it in my research; therefore, I wouldn't know if an initial "A"
replaced or mistranscribed "K," which makes some sense.  The final "y" as a
feminine marker is interesting.  The name was handed down to me by cousins
who interviewed the oldest members of the family while they were still
alive.

Regards,

Judith
judikat at teleport.com