[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Meaning of national bourgeois

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Sat Jul 19 02:07:12 PDT 2003

Jerry Frank schrieb:

> The phrase, "national Bourgeois" seems to be used historically in
> distinction from "capitalist Bourgeois".   The phrases appear in the
> same paragraphs.  The distinction is however elusive because I could
> not find a literal description for either.

Hello Jerry,
National bourgeois was the accusation against capitalists or capitalist
thoughts with a tendency toward national segregation and undermining of
the new Soviet state.

In general, leninist theory makes a difference between national and
monopolist (imperialist) bourgeoisie and even finds some positive
elements in the first one as far as it stands in opposition to
imperialism. But as far as the Soviet state was concerned, the national
bourgeoisie was suspected and accused to strive for alliances with
imperialism against it.

Guenther
of Hilden, Germany