[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] This appears to be the best answer; Was Re: Grossdorf in Russian Poland?

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 23 06:42:40 PDT 2003

Thank you to everyone for their efforts on this question.  One other person
sent me a private email suggesting that this MIGHT be the case and Edelgard
has now confirmed it.

I had considered the possibility myself especially since I later discovered
that this family still lived near Klein Orlin in the 1890s.  However, the
only Wartheland map I have of the area (Hoefer), shows Grodziec as
Groedschuetz.

At 01:26 PM 23/07/2003 +0200, Edelgard Strobel wrote:
>I wrote Grossdorf with a "sz".
>
>Edelgard

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca