[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Grossdorf in Russian Poland?

Howard Krushel krushelh at telus.net
Wed Jul 23 09:47:27 PDT 2003

Jerry:
I have noticed that  following name changes occurred during the 2nd World
War occupation of Central Poland.
Grodziec was renamed as Grossdorf . As well Babiak was renamed as Waldau,
Brzeziny as Loewenstadt, Dombie-Eichstaedt, Sompolno-Deutscheneck,
Grodno-Garten, Huta Bardzinska-Bardoer Huette, Zagorow- Hinterberg, Izbica
Kujawska- Muehlenthal, Kolo- Warthbruecken, Kutno- Kutten, Wloclawek-
Leslau, Lodz- Litzmannstadt, Brzeziny- Loewenstadt,  Makowisko-
Wolschebuden, Przedecz-Moosburg, Sobieseki- Muehlenrode, Nieszawa- Nessau,
Nowosolna- Neusulzfeld, Orlowo- Adlersheim, "Ruda Pabianicka" as
"Litzmannstadt-Erzhausen", Stawiszyn- Stavenhagen, Tomaszow Maz.-Thomashof,
and I think Sierpc was renamed Sichelberg.
Howard Krushel
krushelh at telus.net